All our courses offer a strong foundation in asanas, concentrating on alignment, vinyasa flow, strength, and breath presented in a fun and relaxed, modern and progressive approach.
Emphasis is placed on the development of your personal practice, teaching methodology and its practical application. Classical yogic philosophy is interwoven throughout the program, drawing on Vedantic and Tantric beliefs.
The internationally recognized qualification you’ll receive on completion of the training is a stepping stone to becoming a yoga teaching professional and the training itself gives all participants a solid grounding and foundation in powerful yoga teachings which can then be shared with others.
If you’ve ever thought, ‘One day I would love to practice yoga in India,’ our YTTC offers the perfect opportunity to do just that. Kranti Yoga Teacher Training Courses bring together yoga lovers from different countries and backgrounds to share a journey that very often leads to dramatic life changes and the beginning of life-long friendships.
Both 200hr & 500hr trainings are suitable for people who are mentally, emotionally and physically prepared for everyday practice; those who are prepared to focus and surrender with an open mind.
Core course content
1. Asanas – postures based on the Primary Series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
2. Kriyas – body and nervous system cleansing techniques including neti, nauli and kapalabhati
3. Anatomy and Physiology – looks at the key muscles and joints used for each asana along with the health benefits of each posture
4. Sequencing of yoga postures – develop your own Vinyasa Flow sequence with a view to teaching your own class by the end of the course
5. Alignment and corrections – looks at the correct alignment of each asana included in the Primary Series to ensure proper understanding of yoga practice without overstretching muscles and joints
6. Adjustment – learn how to make harmony with a student through the breath to achieve a deeper posture in a safe and secure environment, helping achieve their full potential
7. Teaching methodology – learning to observe, demonstrate, motivate, be inclusive and adapt to individual needs of your students
8. Use of yoga props – work with straps, blocks, bolsters to reach full potential of your body flexibility
9. Group Discussion – with senior teacher
10. Class Observation – includes practicing teaching in a class environment, actively teaching in the presence of your tutor giving constructive feedback to each other
11. Pranayama – based on traditional yogic breathing techniques which will benefit your yoga practice
12. Yogic Mudras – to stimulate different parts of the body involved with breathing
13. Patanjali Yoga Sutras and Yoga Philosophy – based on the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga, discover the theory and foundations of yoga to make a connection with the body, mind and spirit
14.Basic Ayurveda Introduction – vata, pitta, kapha – know your Ayurvedic constitution and how to improve your diet accordingly, helping you to improve your daily yoga practice by understanding your body
15. Sanskrit Classes – learn how to chant opening and closing mantras, the process of the inner harmony associated with yoga along with their translations
16. Meditation – includes techniques designed to promote peaceful relaxation, building concentration and focus in your daily life.
Typical daily schedule
- 6.00 - 7.00 am: Meditation and Pranayama
- 7.10 - 9.00 am: Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series With Modification (Self Practice Or Lead Class, Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 7.10 - 9.00 am: Hip-opening Workshop (Every Tuesday)
- 7.10 - 9.00 am: Vinyasa Workshop - Learn how to jump back/jump through (Every Thursday)
- 7.10 - 9.00 am: Back-bending Workshop (Every Saturday)
- 9.40 - 10.30 am Breakfast
- 10.30 - 12.00 pm: Mantras and Sanskrit Classes, Yoga Philosophy Lecture of Patanjali Yoga Sutras and Vedanta
- 1.00 - 2.00 pm Lunch
- 3.00 - 4.30 pm: Alignment and Adjustment / Teaching Methodology / Anatomy Classes
- 4.45 - 6.10 pm: Yin Yoga / Ashtanga Moon Series / Hatha Yoga / Restorative Yoga
Schedule can be changed according to the group and weather*
Once a week: Mantra Chanting
Twice a week: MOVIE NIGHT showing Yoga documentaries
# 28 students 200TTC 20 students 500TTC maximum per session, classes are all day Monday to Friday, half day Saturday, Sunday off.