20% discount if you book 60 days in advance. 10% discount if you book 30 days in advance. For more information please contact:
[email protected] OR What'sApp +61 405 666 420 (Yvonne Mahadevi)
To celebrate our 10th year annivesrary we are offering 10% OFF if you book 30 days or more in advance on Yoga Holidays Intensive courses!!!
The main objective of our courses is to allow you to develop a self practice both spiritually and physically in each of the areas listed below. The modules are catagorised into 5 areas: Practice, Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy, Yogic Lifestyle and Teaching Methodology and Practice. As you develop your spiritual and physical practice, Teaching Methodology then assists you teach what you yourself are practising. We firmly believe that being a strong practitioner in each of these will give you the grounding and foundations to becoming a successful and confident yoga teacher.
Our 200 and 500 hr YTTCs cover each of these at a level that is appropriate to the ability of your cohort, both individually and as a group .
- Asanas (Postures): You will learn all postures from the Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. This will include the Sanskrit names, alignment and anatomy of each asana.
- Adjustment: Learn how to adjust these asanas and understand how adjustment can deepen your practice.
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques): These are based on traditional yogic breathing techniques which will benefit your yoga practice as you learn how to lengthen your breath.
- Kriyas (Cleansing Techniques): These will purify the nervous system and allow your breath to flow freely throughout the body. In expelling toxins from the body, we therefore cleanse it.
- Yogic Mudras (Energy Seals): Stimulate different parts of the body by sealing in the energy. These are usually used in Pranayama.
- Meditation: You will cover a range of meditation techniques that will help build concentration and focus in your daily practice. Techniques include Om Chanting, Chakra, Full Moon and Candlelight Meditation.
- Mantras (Chanting): A range of mantras will be taught including the Gayatri Mantra and many more. Find your inner harmony in these sessions.
- Alignment/Anatomy Class: This class will go through each asana from the Primary Series in detail. You will learn about the Skeletal, Muscular and Respiratory Systems in relation to yoga and your own practice.
- Hip Opening, Backbending and Jump Back Workshops: These workshops look at the anatomical technicalities of these fundamental areas of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras: Study this important text based on the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga. Discover the theory and foundations of yoga as Patanjali describes how to make a connection with the body, mind and spirit.
- Yoga in Gita: Listen to a talk by Hare Krishna that guides us through the Bhagavad Gita, India’s most beloved text.
- The History of Yoga: Look at how yoga has evolved throughout the ages from as far back as 1500BC. Learn about the different schools of yoga and how Ashtanga Yoga was developed in the city of Mysore.
Yogic Lifestyle and Basic Ayurveda Introduction
This will allow you to determine your Ayurvedic constitution (body type): vata, pitta or kapha. Vata is air. Pitta is fire. Kapha is earth. This will allow you to improve your diet in accordance with your body type. This, in turn, will help you understand how your body works.
Teaching Methodology and Practice
- Class Observation: You will observe an Ashtanga Based Flow Class given by one of our experienced yoga teachers as inspiration for the class that you will then prepare.
- Teaching Methodology: This class will give you the necessary building blocks to devise your own yoga class. Learn how to motivate your students by teaching inclusively to the range of abilities that you may be faced with.
- Peer Teaching: These sessions allow you to practice your teaching skills and get constructive feedback from both your Senior Teachers and your peers on your progress.
- Ashtanga Flow Class: Teach this in your final week to your peers.
- Adjustment: Learn how to help your students get deeper into a posture through adjustment.
The courses also include :
- extra private class on request on any Yoga subjects at extra charges
- evening activies including full moon meditation, candlelight meditation, yoga movies, bonfires and drum sessions at the beach!
- your choice of accommodation at The Yoga Village
- breakfast, lunch and dinner from our Indian and continental kitchen 7 days per week
- refreshments throughout the day
- residents only beach sun loungers
- all shala facilities including laundry and wifi
- school bag with a manual and school stationary
- new Yoga Mat
- water bottle
"Practice and all is coming"
Sri K Patthabi Jois